Yesterday, I prepped three different slow cooker meals that are meant for freezing. I did this in preparation for Herbie this fall, of course. They are fairly healthy meals–they all have a lot of veggies in them, but one has a lot of alfredo and another has a lot of cream of chicken soup. Anyways, the Chicken Broccoli Alfredo meal I did make for us to eat, too. So I know already that one is a fairly tasty meal. Who knows about the other two.
All three recipes come from the Six Sisters’ Stuff blog. Both the Chicken Broccoli Alfredo and the Cilantro Lime Chicken come from the same post: Slow Cooker Freezer Meals. The third one, Creamy Ranch Pork Chops came from this post: 10 Slow Cooker Freezer Meals.
Here’s the recipes–I love that they’re so simple!
- 1 ½ pounds chicken breasts
- 1 (16 oz) bag frozen broccoli florets
- 2 (16 oz) jars Alfredo sauce (I use light)
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 (4 oz) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- Place all ingredients in a resealable gallon-sized freezer bag and mix together.
- When ready to eat, remove from freezer and thaw in fridge for 24 hours. Cook on LOW for 4-6 hours.
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken breasts
- Juice from 2 limes
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 (16 oz) bag frozen corn
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tsp cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place all ingredients in a resealable gallon-sized freezer bag. Mix together and zip bag closed.
- When ready to eat, remove from freezer and thaw in fridge for 24 hours. Cook on LOW for 8 hours (or HIGH for 4 hours).
- Serve with tortillas and toppings such as with sour cream, guacamole, salsa, and cheese.
- 1 1/2 lbs pork chops, boneless (about 4-6 chops, thick sliced)
- 6-8 medium potatoes, chopped into large pieces
- 2 (10.75 oz each) cans cream of chicken soup
- 2 (1 oz each) packages dry Ranch dressing mix
- 1 cup milk
- Dried parsley to sprinkle on top (optional)
- In a bowl, mix together the soups, milk, and ranch dressing mixes and pour into a resealable gallon-sized freezer bag. Combine all other ingredients together and zip closed.
- When ready to eat, remove from freezer and thaw in fridge for 24 hours. Cook on HIGH for 3-4 hours or LOW for 6-7 hours.
- Use the extra sauce in the slow cooker as a gravy for the potatoes and the pork chops. Sprinkle with dried parsley if you want.