For the past few months, I’ve really loved putting granola in my yogurt. I don’t really eat it on its own, but that’s probably because I don’t prefer the bigger “clusters” of it. Anyways, I saw this recipe from Dashing Dish, via Facebook. It’s not all that shabby! I didn’t make this first batch properly, as I didn’t read the directions–you’re supposed to melt the peanut butter before mixing it in, which I thought of as soon as I put the unmelted peanut butter in the bowl to mix it. And I can taste a few “burnt” bites now and then, but that depends on your baking skills 🙂 Here’s the recipe which is located here on the Dashing Dish site: Chocolate Lovers Protein Granola.
- 3 cups Old fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup Baking stevia OR 1/2 cup sweetener that measures like sugar
- 1 t Baking powder
- 1/2-3/4 tsp Salt (to taste)
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup Protein powder (plain, vanilla, or chocolate)
- 1/8 cup Honey
- 1/4 cup Egg whites
- 3 T Nut butter, melted (or unsweetened applesauce or coconut oil)
- 3 T Chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a large sheet pan with parchment paper or foil sprayed with cooking spray. Set aside.
- To a large bowl, mix all of the dry ingredients together, followed by the wet ingredients, (everything except chocolate chips), and stir until the oats are moist, and clumps begin to form.
- Pour granola onto prepared baking pan and spread out evenly.
- Bake granola for 15 minutes, then remove from the oven and stir. Add chocolate chips and return to the oven for an additional 15 minutes. Stir again and let sit until it is completely cool. It will begin to harden as it cools. Store in an air tight container for up to 2 weeks.