Oh. My. Gawd.
This was so good!! I can’t believe it tasted so much like chicken ppt pie. The two huge cans of cream of chicken soup are really the only unhealthy thing involved. But I could easily see substituting one or both for a homemade chicken soup (more broth-based than cream). It wouldn’t be a stew, but a pretty damn good soup. The original recipe comes from AllRecipes.com, but specifically here: Slow Cooker Chicken Pot Pie Stew
- 4 large skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into cubes
- 10 medium red potatoes
(I used five red potatoes and then a small sweet potato–the sweet potato got more tender and didn’t upset the taste at all)
- 1 (8 ounce) package baby carrots
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 (26 ounce) cans condensed cream of chicken soup
- 6 cubes chicken bouillon
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen mixed vegetables
(I used half peas, half corn)
- Combine the chicken, potatoes, carrots, celery, chicken soup, chicken bouillon, garlic salt, celery salt, and black pepper in a slow cooker. Cook on high 5 hours.
- Stir the frozen mixed vegetables into the slow cooker, and cook 1 hour more.