Last weekend, I tried this Vegetarian Chili. I did not like it, but I don’t think it was any fault of the recipe’s. I tried to make it healthier by not using canned beans. But then the beans were too hard–the taste of the chili was fine, but, as texture can bother me, it wasn’t okay. I will try it again and either use the canned beans or learn how to make beans from a bag properly. It’s worth a shot again, I think.
- 1 can (19 oz) black bean soup
- 1 can (15 oz) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 oz) garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (16 oz) vegetarian baked beans
- 1 can (14.5 oz) chopped tomatoes in puree
- 1 can (15 oz) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 onion
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 T chili powder, or to taste
- 1 T dried parsley
- 1 T dried oregano
- 1 T dried basil
- In a slow cooker, combine black bean soup, kidney beans, garbanzo beans, baked beans, tomatoes, corn, onion, bell pepper and celery. Season with garlic, chili powder, oregano and basil. Cook for at least two hours on high.