While on a ski-trip with friends in January, I had my first pita chips. Seasoned to go with our Italian meal of spinach lasagna, I’d never had this sort of garlic bread. I think I looked at the same recipe my friend used when she made them, from AllRecipes.com. Anyways, I had a couple of Italian meals this week, and these Pita Garlic Bites were the perfect side. (Especially to side my Cauliflower-Crust Pizza, since my tummy knew I’d tries to cheat it of carbs…)
These are super easy to make. I will post the recipe as the website has it, but first I will just tell you how I did it, as it was slightly different.
1. First, preheat your oven to 350.
2. Then cut a pita in half, I did a semi-circle; then cut in half again (so only one layer).
3. Cut into whatever shape you’d like and place them on a baking sheet.
4. Melt some butter in the microwave, about 1-2 tablespoons. Mix in some garlic powder and Italian seasoning (I didn’t measure any of those).
5. Brush onto pita pieces (slightly time consuming). Sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese, optional.
6. Bake or 8-10 minutes, depending on how crispy you want them. Enjoy!!
This is possibly my new favorite made-at-home garlic bread. Or my new favorite thing to make with pita!
Here’s the original recipe:
—1 (10 ounce) package pita bread, cut in half
—3 tablespoons butter
—1 teaspoon crushed garlic
—1 teaspoon dried Italian-style seasoning
—2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Open pita bread halves and roughly cut into approximately 2 inch pieces. Arrange on a medium baking sheet.
3. In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt butter and mix in garlic and dried Italian-style seasoning. Pour the mixture over pita bread pieces.
4. Sprinkle bread with Parmesan cheese, adjusting the amount as desired. Bake in the preheated oven 10 minutes, or until lightly browned.