This past Sunday was Super Bowl 47. Of course I used this as a perfect excuse to try out some new snack ideas (and, as usual, they came from Pinterest). All three of these snacks were AMAZING! And they weren’t too unhealthy either. About a block of cream cheese was used for the last two recipes and they yielded a lot. (By my simple calculations, the first two recipes have about 30 calories a pop, the last about 60.) So here they are, some new party snack favorites!
Cheesy Bacon Oven Chips
—1 uniformly-shaped russet potato, scrubbed well and sliced into 1/8″ rounds
—3/4 c shredded cojack or cheddar cheese
—2 T crumbled bacon (about 2 slices)
—chopped parsley or chives, for garnish
1) Preheat oven to 375.
2) Bring sliced potatoes to a boil in cold, salted water to cover for 5 minutes. Drain and pat slices dry.
3) Grease baking sheet and lay out potato slices. (I placed the slices on a rack and just sprayed the tops of the slices.)Spray lightly with additional cooking spray. Sprinkle evenly with shredded cheese & bacon.
4) Bake 12-14 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly.
There is an optional sauce for these chips, which I didn’t make. So I can’t recommend it, but it sounds tasty.
Chipotle Ranch Dipping Sauce
1 T ranch dressing, 3 T sour cream, 1/4 t chipotle chili powder, 1/8 t cayenne powder, 1/8 t salt, 1/8 t garlic powder. Place all ingredients in a small bowl and stir to combine.
These recipes come from Maggie at Vittles and Bits.
Jalapeno Cream Cheese Poppers
—6 oz cream cheese
—2 oz diced jalapenos
—1 T sugar
—8 oz tube of refrigerated crescent rolls
1) Preheat oven to 375.
2) Combine jalapenos and cream cheese. Add the sugar.
3) Mash it all really well with a fork. Set aside.
4) Take half of the crescent rolls and pinch all the seams together. Spread the cream cheese mixture on the crescent rolls. Roll-up the mixture, starting with a long end. Repeat with the other half of crescent rolls.
5) Cut up the “logs” into half-inch slices. Place on parchment-papered cookie sheet and bake for about 13 minutes.
This recipe comes from Sally at Tasty Kitchen.
Buffalo Chicken Pizza Bites
—1 can refrigerated pizza dough
—12.5 oz can white meat chicken, drained
—3/4 c shredded cheddar, divided
—3 oz cream cheese
—2 T Original Frank’s Hot Sauce
—4 t ranch dressing
1) Preheat oven to 425.
2) Lightly spray a mini-muffin tin with cooking spray.
3) Combine all ingredients, save 1/4 c cheese.
4) Cut the dough into 24 squares. Place a small amount of the mixture on each square and fold the edges up around. Place in the muffin tin, seam-side down.
5) Lightly spray tops of the bites with cooking spray. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
6) Bake for 8-10 minutes. Enjoy!
This also came with an optional sauce of 1 c ranch mixed with 1/3 c Franks.
This recipe comes from Plain Chicken.